Sunday, December 16, 2007

Helping others helps you heal

I have always been the kind of person that gets things done. I don't generally stand up and speak in front of people. But if you have a project that you need SNV32643done then I am the girl for the job.

Recently, I took the Finding Angela Shelton Challenge! I have  been working non-stop on one project or another since I committed myself to doing this.

It has been the most rewarding and more importantly one of the most healing things I have ever done. I have come to realize that when you get busy trying to help others then you are healing yourself.

The next time you are stuck in a rut and you are desperate to do something about it then call or email 5 of your friends. Ask them how THEY are doing. You will get back what you give. If you want to really get active then call your local rape crisis center and volunteer your time.

We can change the world  if we band together.

0 comments: