Thursday, December 6, 2007

Books

If you are looking for a wonderful book on parenting.
GROWING UP AGAIN: Parenting Ourselves, Parenting Our Children By Jean Illsley Clarke, Connie Dawson. I first learned about this book and the work of Jean Illsley Clarke in Iceland a few years ago. I read it and felt so greatful ! As a survivor of childhood abuse, I found this an incredible tool to help me become a better parent and to provide myself the things that were not provided for me as a child. Having 3 kids today, I am faced with many feelings of not knowing how to deal or face all kinds of situations that parents are confronted with. This book gave me much hope and inspiration. It is not too late for me to parent my older kids or is it too late to parent myself. If you are a parent you must read this book, if you are a survivor of any type of abuse, you must read this book. Parenting my kids better than the way I was parented and healing myself is breaking the cycle of unhealthy relationships in my family today and for generations to come.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay Svava! I've been working all day and saw that you had tech difficulties and look at you go! E. Sue Blume had some issues getting on here too but you know facing the tech monster is so similar to facing panic! Good job, bravo!

I added your book to our weekly recommend and added a link to purchase it too. Thanks for your input. I will see you soon!

speak4change said...

Yes, I did finally get it on there. I have more books to recomend. I am still working on getting the video on there. Thanks for the encourgement and adding the purchase link to it. awesome team effort.