Friday, November 30, 2007

Holding Your Inner Child


By parenting yourself, you take care of yourself by eating, sleeping, pampering and and playing well. Yes, you get to play when you're a happy kid who is well looked after! I have spoken to so many of you at this point and seen over and over how we (and I say we because I have the same issues) don't take care of ourselves. It is because we were not taught how. The most important thing needed in the world as far as trauma goes are parenting classes I think. That would cut down on so much abuse and heartache but in the meantime, we must do it ourselves.
When you can get to the point (and it takes time) where you love yourself and hold yourself as you would the most precious child - because you are precious - you are healing on so many levels and you are learning to love yourself.

We are all searching for love so I decided to look it up. Here is the definition:

LOVE

Function: noun
1 a (1) : strong affection for another arising out of kinship or personal ties (2) : attraction based on sexual desire : affection and tenderness felt by lovers (3) : affection based on admiration, benevolence, or common interests b : an assurance of love 2 : warm attachment, enthusiasm, or devotion 3 a : the object of attachment, devotion, or admiration b (1) : a beloved person : DARLING -- often used as a term of endearment (2) British -- used as an informal term of address 4 a : unselfish loyal and benevolent concern for the good of another: as (1) : the fatherly concern of God for humankind (2) : brotherly concern for others b : a person's adoration of God 5 : a god or personification of love 6 : an amorous episode : LOVE AFFAIR 7 : the sexual embrace : COPULATION 8 : a score of zero (as in tennis) 9 capitalized, Christian Science : GOD - at love : holding one's opponent scoreless in tennis - in love : inspired by affection

I have learned through a lot of hard work on myself and practicing what I preach that LOVE is abundant and you do not need another to have love. You don't need to be married or be courted or have a thousand friends to feel love. Try it right now. Pretend like you're in love. And if you've never been in love, I love you. Feel it. Love Yourself. Try saying "I love you" out loud randomly to yourself every day this week. Try it. Feel how it raises your vibration.

Say I love you out loud! I made shirts so you can say I love you in the mirror too! Check them out, I think they are pretty clever and I have one too!

0 comments: