Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Life Imitates Art Imitates Life

I am a person that finds deep meaning and healing through music. I am excited this is one of the most-played and most popular singles in the Los Angeles market at the moment. The lead singer of this band wrote this song based on his friend's true story and all she has gone through. But as any friend of a survivor knows (any good friend!) you walk the difficult journey with them.

Take away this: It is never too late to turn your life around, to heal, to make the decision that what happened to you will not become THE definition of who you are. There is life beyond. PLEASE NO ONE END THEIR LIVES OVER THIS. And before you think I am insensitive and don't understand.... please... if only you knew how many times I have wanted to end my own. But I am glad I am here. :)

0 comments: